Tuesday 3 April 2012

25 Mar 2012 - How to create a Facebook page

Today I decided that I wanted to create a Facebook page for my blog. I didn't realise that it was going to be so easy and so complicated at the same time! It was easy enough to create the page, you just go to the login page of Facebook, click 'create a page', on the bottom of the login page, and follow the prompts. This was the easy part, I had my page up and running in no time, however once the page was created, you had to do all of these tutorials on how to set up the rest of your page. I wasn't interested in doing the tutorials, I just wanted to play on my page and figure it out. It seems that Facebook doesn't like you teaching yourself, it prefers if you follow the tutorials, and now that I have ignored them, I can no longer find them! I will have to trawl through their online 'help'.

After a little trial and error, I managed to get my page looking a little the way that I want it to look, there are still many things that I need to learn in order to make my page better, but as far as Facebook pages go, mine is at least functional! So I guess what I learnt today is twofold, it is vey easy to create a Facebook page, but creation is only the first step, setting up the created page is a much larger challenge and understanding how to get the most out of your page is an even bigger challenge. I look forward to the day when I can blog that I understand all about Facebook pages, but I see that being in the dim distant future!

Check out and like my Facebook Page - You Learn Something New Everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment