Thursday 12 April 2012

29 Mar 2012 - Sexually Transmitted Nuts

Sexual education in school is fairly standard these day, even more so than it was when I was at school (I try to avoid using the term, 'in my day,' because it makes me feel old). Sexually Transmitted Diseases, or STDs as they are more commonly called, were covered during this education, however one thing that was not covered, and I would expect is probably still not covered, is Sexually Transmitted Nuts, or STNs as I will be calling them. What, I suppose you are wondering, are STNs? No I am not talking about the 'nuts' that are part of the male appendage, STNs, are of course Brazil nuts. I was watching QI the other night and I discovered that people that are allergic to peanuts or other nuts, can actually have an allergic reaction just by having sex with somebody who has been eating Brazil nuts before the encounter.

This revelation amazed me, because I think about all those signs on food, warning potential nut allergy suffers that they should not consume certain products. My first thought is that soon there will be legislation in place to make men and women who have recently consumed Brazil nuts, wear a sign around their necks warning potential sexual partners that they need to avoid sex with this person, or risk an allergic reaction! However I think that a much simpler solution would be to add STNs to the national curriculum and educate the next generation of the potentially damaging affects of sex, post Brazil nut consumption. This way we can educate everyone to feel comfortable discussing their Brazil nut consumption levels before any sexual activity with strangers.  Potentially, just as people avoid eating garlic if they are looking to pick up that night, people could just avoid eating Brazil nuts 24 hours before any expected sexual activity with a stranger. I don't know how prevalent this problem is at the moment, but I think prevention is always the key!

No comments:

Post a Comment