Thursday 19 January 2012

19 Jan 2012 - Interpreting dreams of Facebook

I have always been interested in the interpretation of dreams, as I believe that they are the link to our subconscious. I have often thought that we ponder things in the back of our mind to which we don't necessarily give much conscious thought, but that may be worrying us. Our conscious mind doesn't pick up on these thoughts until our subconscious has pondered enough and perhaps come to a solution. In my opinion dreams are the link between our conscious and subconscious and might be able to offer us an insight into the things that might be bothering us of which we are not aware. This theory is strongly supported by that fact that we have recurring dreams. This isn't a new theory, and my opinion is shared by others, which is why I was able to discover, via Google, a dream dictionary online, which has interpretations as to subjects on which our subconscious might be focused, based on the topic of our dreams.

I have often read this dictionary after I have had a memorable dream and the interpretation of what I was dreaming made sense to my everyday life as something to which my subconscious might have been focused. Today however I was just flicking through the dream dictionary and I noticed an interesting addition, it appears that people who dream about Facebook are desiring to expand their social circle. My first thought was 'Are you serious!' To give you a bit of context I will tell you two other examples, dreaming of tape (such as sticky tape or scotch tape) represents limitations or perhaps that you feel you need to show restraint in your life. A soiled tablecloth signifies disobedience and quarrels. Two examples with meanings that don't necessarily relate to the topic, which is the kind of thing that I would expect from a dream dictionary. Facebook is a social networking site, it is not a great leap to assume that if you dream about it, then you might be wanting to expand your social circle. Was the work experience kid in charge the day the Facebook entry was added? I don't put much stock into the definitions overall, but as with reading your star signs, I like the read the meanings and try to puzzle out if this relates to my life and how. The Facebook entry doesn't require any puzzling and it has made me lose what little faith I did have in the dream dictionary. To be honest I will probably keep looking and trying to interpret my dreams, but I don't think it will be as much fun anymore!

If you want to interpret your dreams check out the Dream moods Dictionary.

Still learning, but also getting disappointed with some of my findings!

No comments:

Post a Comment