Tuesday 24 January 2012

23 Jan 2012 - Kevin Rudd blends tea

I admit that I have never been a fan of Kevin Rudd, as Prime Minister I always found him to be commenting on the most bizarre topics. I would often think, I wish our Prime Minister would spend more time commenting on issues that I are important to our country, such as the Global Financial Crisis, and leaving topics, such as the topless sunbather who put out a fire, to shows like Good News Week. Unfortunately for me Kevin felt that it was his job to comment on everything and even went as far as appearing on Good News Week a few times. It seems that perhaps his version of what is acceptable for a Prime Minister and mine are at odds and since only one of us has been Prime Minister, I guess he gets to decide which. The only real explanation for his behaviour I can come up with, is that at some point in the past Kevin must have joined a competition to become the most popular politician, unsurprisingly, no other politicians entered, but Kevin decided to compete anyway.

Supporting this theory I today discovered that Kevin has blended his own brew of tea, and won a competition against other celebrities to have his tea packaged by Twinings and sold to the Australian public, with each tin sold raising ten cents for the RSPCA.  To support his entry into the  Twinings competition he made a YouTube video where he gets his cat and dog to drink his blend of tea. I found this odd behaviour for a politician, however the five pages of comments, on his YouTube video, are very supportive of his entrance in the competition and of his video overall. This has got me to thinking perhaps my view of what is appropriate is out of date? Then I think, I can't imagine Barack Obama making a YouTube video of his cat drinking a blend of tea, in order to enter a competition against other celebrities, so, perhaps I am right after all!

You can watch Kevin's YouTube video, or read the original article in The Age. I also discovered the original article about the tea competition in The Australian.

Some facts are interesting to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment