Saturday 21 January 2012

21 Jan 2012 - Tough Mudder

Previously I had seen on my Facebook that some of my friends liked Tough Mudder. I assumed it was some new comedy routine about some guy who pretends to be tough, similar to that guy who pretends to be Chopper, I mean he was funny I guess but I wasn't interesting in finding out any details of similar comedy. Today however I was having lunch with a friend of mine and she told me she had entered Tough Mudder. I was a little confused, so obviously I asked more questions. It turns out my initial thoughts we way off! Tough Mudder is in fact a hardcore obstacle course designed by the British Special Forces! It consists of an 18-20km track that tests your strength, stamina, mental grit and camaraderie and contains 15km of hills, mud, water, ropes, electric shocks and fire! 

Once my friend had explained what she knew of the event, my initial thoughts were, "OMG what are you thinking of to want to run this course!" I later looked for further details on Google and after more investigation it looks like this Tough Mudder course is not only a physical challenge but also heaps of fun. I am now wondering if I could be fit enough to run this course! I am still not convinced that I want to, but the more I think the more I wonder! Maybe I need to ditch the marathon idea and replace it with the Tough Mudder course!

If you are interested to know more about Tough Mudder, check out the FAQ page.

Some things you learn are not what you were expecting!


No comments:

Post a Comment